Sunday, September 20, 2015

CAMINO DE COMPOSTELLA 2006

Three pilgrims walking the CAMINO stopped by a statue of an old pilgrim. The walk has been going on for at least a 1,000 years.

Extreme right is HOSHI, centre: ANDY, Left: YARO

The pilgrimage routes were spaced all along the way with holy places, holy places in which the pilgrim could experience the localisation of the inner spirit in the most intense way. The greatest route in the way of Santiago is the old Roman road over the Pyrenees.

COMMENTS 2015


HOSHI
It’s a huge kick to read about this time and id forgot that we’re now in our ninth year of that unbelievable journey and i get goose bumps just by thinking of it.
It’s also really funny to read about these trips we had together and who could forget Andy disappearing all the time? And in all fairness Andy, I was not disciplined, I was LOST. Therefor no women in sight, I was too selfish to think about them.
I think I told u guys as well that I tried the north Camino in 2010 but my story takes a weird twist.
I started off a day’s journey before San Sebastian and took the train there from Madrid after partying for a couple of days with a friend. After the first day trip when i got to San Sebastian, I realized I had made a huge mistake and pack WAY TOO MUCH so both back and leg got really screwed. So I stayed In San Sebastian for 2 days but finally realized that I couldn’t make it cause of my leg so i rented a car and went down to Alicante to visit my old friends. I ended up staying there for 4 weeks and met a Dutch girl named Meike. She had a boyfriend at the time but we got along really well and kept in touch when she went back to Amsterdam. 2 months later I went to see her and we got together. Now, 5 years later she moved to Sweden and for 2 months now, we’ve been living together. So even when u don’t do the Camino, something happens that changes your life forever.
But I hope you both know how dear you are to me and even with thousands of kilometres apart, your right next to me on my drunken nights when I dream of the Camino and our great adventures together, for example:

*Dog incident at the end of the Camino.

*Leanne and the girl from NZ being locked out of the alberge and when I talked to Andy, he sais in a calm voice: ”I heard them screaming but I thought they needed to learn a lesson”… That’s how I remember it at least.

*The albergue with the pool to rest our feet in with ice cold water -and the dinner that night.

*Our night of being freed of my chains that kept me so angry with my dad.

*Also that climb up the hill where we had the view of Spain beneath our feet… I could go on and on but I think u both have plenty of memories and either way, thank you both for a memory I will tell my grandchildren one day!
ANDY
Thank you for the link to your blog Yaro. How lovely to read about your journey, so interwoven with mine and so distinctly separate. We slept in the same albergues but were dreaming of different women!!!
 Women, walking, wine - the www of the Camino. I laughed so much at the times you write of me disappearing, chasing after women. Not much has changed, as I drive between Melbourne and Bermagui to see Dan! Hoshi was far more disciplined!
 Walking that road was an experience that has never left me. I learnt that we choose what to carry and what to let go of. The image of an American woman struggling under the weight of a heavy pack but unwilling to shed any items, it's a vivid memory. As my favourite saying these days goes - life may have given you a cactus but you don't have to sit on it!
 The road may be unknown, fate and destiny have their own plans for us. But we also have choices to make along the way. Each morning now as I meditate I choose to allow the path to unfold, trusting that it will take me exactly where I need to go.
 Maybe next year we should all go for a little walk on the Camino del Norte and celebrate 10 years.
YOLO!
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment